Brussel Sprout Salad
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup grated pecorino cheese, optional
- ⅓ cup chopped chives
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Thinly slice the Brussels sprouts using a mandoline if you have one.
Place them into a medium bowl and toss with the olive oil, lemon juice, pine nuts, cranberries, pecorino cheese, chives, and pinches of salt and pepper.
- Let the salad sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, then taste and adjust the seasonings. Finish with an additional drizzle of olive oil if you like.
- 3 to 4 medium heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) ball fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Fresh basil leaves
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Drizzle of balsamic vinegar or reduced balsamic
- Dollops of pesto
- Sliced peaches
- Mint leaves
- Avocado slices
- Arrange the tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil leaves on a platter. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- If desired, add ingredients from the variations list.
- 5 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Ingredients for Lemon Vinegarette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon zest and juice and sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
- To assemble the salad, place romaine lettuce in a large bowl; top with red onion, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, goat cheese and pepper, to taste.
Pour dressing on top of the salad and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.